Monday, May 4, 2009

MOVE OVER FOOTBALL, THERE’S A NEW JOHN WALL IN TOWN

According to the Raleigh News & Observer, super recruit John Wall has been charged with breaking and entering…

John Wall, one of the country's most prized college basketball prospects, was charged last week with misdemeanor breaking and entering at a southeast Raleigh residence.

Wall, 18, a senior at Raleigh Word of God, was detained about 12:30 p.m. April 27 by a Raleigh police officer responding to a report of a breaking and entering in progress at an unoccupied dwelling Raleigh police spokesman Jim Sughrue said in a statement.

The officer saw Wall leaving from the rear door of the residence and detained him without incident, Sughrue said. A few minutes later, a second and third teenager were detained.


Each of the three was issued a citation on a misdemeanor charge of breaking and entering, said Wake County chief magistrate Gary Wills. The citation is similar to one issued for a traffic violation, Wills said.

There was no indication of forced entry at the residence and no indication that anything was taken from it, Sughrue said.

Wall's recruitment is being followed closely by college basketball fans across the country. The 6-foot-4 point guard still has eight schools on his list, including Duke and N.C. State, and says there is no favorite.

Duke associate sports information director Matt Plizga and N.C. State assistant athletics director for media relations Annabelle Myers said the schools would have no comment on the Wall report. They said NCAA rules prevent school officials from commenting on prospective student-athletes.

Wall has said he is also considering Kentucky, Kansas, Florida, Baylor, Miami and Memphis.
Sounds like Wall was mostly guilty of not using the ol' noggin and allowing himself to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

For additional info on the latest on the O.J. Mayoesque recruiting of Wall click here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive