Pairings for the 2009 Atlantic Coast Conference Men's Lacrosse Championship have been determined, as announced by the league office on April 11.
Maryland locked in the number one seed in the upcoming ACC two-day tournament, which will take place on the campus of the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill, after the 8th-ranked Blue Devils defeated top-ranked Virginia Saturday afternoon.
Maryland, Duke and Virginia concluded the conference season in a three-way tie for first place. Due to the league's tiebreaker procedures, the seeding came down to goals allowed in ACC games between the tied teams, which were all 1-1 against one another. Maryland allowed only 18 goals against the Blue Devils and the Cavaliers, while Duke and Virginia allowed 21 and 24, respectively.
Maryland, which owns a 6-4 overall record and a 2-1 league mark, will take on fourth-seed and host North Carolina on Friday, April 24 at 5 p.m. ET in semifinal action. the other opening game will be No. 2 seed Duke vs. No. 3 seed Virginia at 7:30 p.m. ET at Kenan Stadium.
For more information on the upcoming ACC Men's Lacrosse Tournament, please visit http://www.theacc.com/championships/09-mens-lacrosse-championship.html
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
- ► 2013 (273)
- ► 2012 (1121)
- ► 2011 (1259)
- ► 2010 (1162)
04/12 - 04/19
- WITH APOLOGIES TO JACK SPARROW
- A LITTLE BIT PREGNANT?
- BY 20 POINTS...REALLY?
- GREG PAULUS AND THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA IS KILLING AM...
- PICTURE AND VIDEO OF THE DAY
- TODAY WE ARE VIRGINIA TECH
- DON'T FORGET LARRY DOBY...
- PICTURE(S) OF THE DAY
- EVIDENTLY DUKE NEEDS A POINT GUARD AT QUARTERBACK ...
- PICTURE OF THE DAY
- VIRGINIA'S QUALITY ROAD AMONG FIRST RACEHORSES TO ...
- DAVIS AND AMINU TO STAY AT UNC AND WAKE FOREST
- WEEKEND LACROSSE UPDATE
- PAIRINGS SET FOR LAX CHAMPIONSHIP: STRIPPERS OPTIO...
- ONLY 137 CRIME FILLED DAYS UNTIL FOOTBALL
- ACC EXPECTED TO SHINE IN UPCOMING NFL DRAFT
- THERE IS NO TIEING/TYING IN BASEBALL!!
- PICTURE OF THE DA(L)Y
- PICTURE OF THE DAY
- ▼ 04/12 - 04/19 (19)
- ► 2008 (1972)
- ► 2007 (1085)