Friday, September 7, 2007

DUKE LAX-ERS LOOKING FOR CASH

According to the Raleigh News-Observer:

Attorneys for the three players falsely accused in the Duke University lacrosse rape case are seeking a settlement of about $30 million and several changes to the state's legal process, a person close to the case said early Friday.

If the terms aren't met, the players' attorneys will file a civil rights lawsuit against the city of Durham early next month, said the person, who requested anonymity because not all of the details of the proposed settlement had been worked out.

During a discussion Wednesday with Durham officials, players' attorneys Brendan Sullivan and Barry Scheck, stressed that the money they are seeking -- about $10 million each for David Evans, Collin Finnerty and Reade Seligmann over five years -- must be accompanied by the legal reforms, the person said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive