Thursday, May 24, 2007

OOPS, OUR BAD...

Duke has asked the NCAA to give another year of eligibility to members of last year's men's lacrosse team, a year after the university chose to cancel the 2006 season. Duke spokesman Art Chase said the university filed the request with the NCAA earlier this month. No timetable has been set for a decision.

What he said: "The extraordinary circumstances that happened last spring and the developments from last spring until recently when the kids were exonerated were a real unique situation," Duke athletics director Joe Alleva said in a statement. "We felt it was only fair to try to get a year of eligibility back for those kids who lost last season."

What he meant: "Damn, we f***ed this up. Hey NCAA, a little help?"

In other news, anonymous sources at Duke tell us that next week the school will ask the NCAA to appoint fired Duke lacrosse head coach Mike Pressley as head coach of the team of his choice (other than Duke) competing in the NCAA Lacrosse Final Four. According to Alleva, "We felt it was only fair to try and get a decent job back for the coach we s***-canned for no reason."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive