According to AOL Fanhouse's ACC Basketball Blog, VCU's Wil Fameni broke his nose during the Rams win over Duke Thursday night. This marks the 2nd time in three games that Duke has help break an opposing player's nose. This wasn't totally Duke's fault. Fameni was driving to the hoop when he was fouled by David McClure. When Fameni fell, he went face first into teammate Jesse Pellot-Rosa's knee. Ouch.
According to ESPN.com: Coach Anthony Grant said Friday that Fameni was getting fitted for a clear facemask, and is hopeful that it will be ready for the player to wear in time for Saturday's game, which starts at approximately 6 p.m. ET. If the clear mask is not ready, Grant said Fameni will have to wear some other type of protection.
(How is a condom gonna help keep his nose from getting whacked again?)
There was blood all over this game, as Duke's Jon Scheyer received a nice cut to his head.
- ► 2013 (273)
- ► 2012 (1121)
- ► 2011 (1259)
- ► 2010 (1162)
- ► 2009 (1800)
- ► 2008 (1972)
03/11 - 03/18
- DID WE MENTION THAT DUKE LOST?
- WHO KNEW SETH GREENBERG WAS IRISH?
- ALWAYS DOWN, BUT HARDLY EVER OUT
- WHO YOU GONNA CALL? NOSEBUSTERS!
- ROCK, CHALK, JAYHAWKS
- IT'S THE ALL-HAIR TEAM!
- PICTURE OF THE DAY
- DUKE HATERS, WAIT AT THE BAR
- COACH K, BOBBY KNIGHT SENT HOME, NO SUPPER
- HEY CAROLINA, IT’S NOT THE NBA
- NEWS FLASH: DUKIE FLOPS
- BLUE DEVILS PARALYZED BY FEAR
- BLUE DEVILS’ LAWYERS SUE BLUE DEVILS
- NCAA INVITATIONAL TOURNAMENT - THE BIGGEST DANCE
- TROUBLE IN DUKE "FAMILY"
- NEW MASK FOR HANSBROUGH
- DREXEL, SYRACUSE, AIR FORCE – CRAP!
- COACH K’S DIABOLICAL PLOT ALMOST WORKS
- ▼ 03/11 - 03/18 (18)